Fashion's favorite reality competition is back! "Project Runway" season 13 premieres on Thursday, July 24th at 9/8c on Lifetime. Here's what you need to know about the brand new season:
1. The winning designer will receive $100,000 from Red Robin to help launch his/her business and the opportunity to design a fashion accessory for all the Red Robin servers. Season 13's beauty sponsor is Mary Kay and the accessories wall is provided by ALDO. Other sponsors include Lexus, Marie Claire magazine, Brother, Samsung, and Best Western International.
2. Lifetime's #RunwayRedemption contest invited "Project Runway" fans to vote one lucky former contestant back to the competition -- who will it be? Season 11's Amanda Valentine, season 12's Alexander Pope, or season 12's Ken Laurence?
3. The #RunwayRedemption winner will join the 18 new designers for the final stage of the audition process -- but only 16 will make the cut and move on to the first official challenge.
4. For their first challenge, the designers must create a look using only the contents from their "mystery trunks."
5. The Tim Gunn "save" is back -- meaning he can override the judges and save one designer from elimination.
6. Emmy award winning actress Julie Bowen from "Modern Family" will join the panel as the season's first guest judge. Other guest judges this season include Elisabeth Moss from "Mad Men," Shay Mitchell from the hit series "Pretty Little Liars," Olympic gold medalist downhill skier Lindsey Vonn, entertainer Dita Von Teese, fashion designer Christian Siriano, British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet, and YouTube celebrity Bethany Mota.
7. Five of the 18 new designers call Brooklyn, NY home -- Sean Kelly, Nzinga Knight, Kristine Guico, Korina Emmerich, and Jefferson Musanda.
8. "Project Runway" is creating a one of a kind, full-season experience with Instagram. Use #InstaRunway on Instagram to show your look inspired by each week's Project Runway challenge, and your photo could be shown on-air during the following episode!
9. "Project Runway" will be at your fingertips in the most interactive season yet. Play along on your mobile phone, tablet or computer while you watch live on Thursday nights by voting on trivia questions about the episode, who has the best look, and who you think will get auf’d.
The top five scorers each week will be featured on-air at the end of each episode. The more questions you answer, the higher your chances of seeing yourself on the leaderboard. Whether you’re on computer or mobile device, just navigate to myLifetime.com and log in using Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram on Thursdays starting at 9/8c to play while you watch!
10. Help your favorite designer win a weekly prize of $1,000! Two ways to vote:
1. Vote online by clicking your favorite designer's bubble and then clicking the "vote" button.
2. Tweet your vote by using the designer's hashtag on Twitter
Votes will be counted once every 5 minutes on the site and Twitter. Voting opens each week on Thursday at 9 pm ET and closes the following Wednesday at 12 pm ET. The winners will be revealed during each episode and the designer with the most votes throughout the season will win a grand prize of $10,000!
Now you're ready to enjoy "Project Runway" season 13 -- happy watching!